Alimony is the most difficult aspect of a divorce proceeding
The most difficult part of a divorce proceeding comes when it is time to decide an alimony payment for the spouse. In contrast to child support guidelines, there are no clear cut guidelines or set formulas to decide the alimony amount.
However, there are a number of factors that the court takes into consideration before deciding about the amount, if any. The two main factors that have a great bearing on the court’s decision are…
- If either of the parties require any financial assistance.
- If either of the two parties is in a position to provide aid.
Apart from these two primary factors, there are other factors taken into consideration by the court. These factors include:
- The total length of the marriage
- The standard of living that the couple shared during the marriage
- Age, emotional health, and physical health of both parties
- Financial resources of either spouse, including marital and non-marital assets and liabilities
- Earning capacity, education,and employability of either spouse
- Contribution to the marriage by either spouse
While going through divorce that may include alimony, the court usually takes into consideration all of these factors before making a decision. So if you are considering a divorce, hiring an experienced Ft Lauderdale alimony lawyer will help you get a favorable verdict in your alimony case.